How do I delete an app and re-download?
- Hold your finger on either the icon for the application you wish to uninstall or any other icon until the icons on your home screen begin to shake or wiggle
- Click the “X” in the upper left hand corner of the icon for the application you wish to remove. When prompted, touch Delete
- You can then re-download the application with the same iTunes login. You will not need to purchase the app again, and can download it for free. See: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2519.
- You will then need to restart the device to complete the installation
How do I restart the device?
- To restart iPad, first turn iPad off by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button until a red slider appears. Slide your finger across the slider and iPad will turn off after a few moments.
- Next, turn iPad on by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears
- For more details, see: http://www.apple.com/support/ipad/assistant/itunes/ and see description on the left of the screen
The iPad is not responding. How do I reset the iPad?
- To reset iPad, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
- For more details, see: http://www.apple.com/support/ipad/assistant/itunes/#section_4
I am unable to hear any music or sound?
- First, check the physical controls of the iPad
- Look for the switch on the upper right hand corner of the iPad, to make sure that the orange dot is not showing (this is the lock button). If the orange dot is showing, push the switch such that the orange dot disappears
- Turn up the volume using the buttons on the right side of the iPad
- Second, check the iPad software controls
- Double-click the Home button (circular indentation in the bottom-center of the iPad)
- Scroll all the way to the left to the volume/mute control and check if volume has been switched off
- Third, check the app controls
- When you are in the app, go to the “i” icon on bottom left of screen
- Touch the Settings (Hammer/Screwdriver icon) and see if the volume has been turned off
- Even if it on, please turn off and turn back on
- Fourth, Go to iPad Settings / General and make sure “Use Side Switch to” is set to “Lock Rotation”
- Double tap the home button to see all open apps
- Swipe all the way to the left
- “Speaker” icon on far left should show the Mute/Sound Icon as “Mute Off”. If not, tap “speaker” icon to show “mute off”
- If none of these work, restart the iPad
I am unable to login to the app. What do I do?
- To solve this problem, close the app and re-open it. This is done as follows:
- Start out by “double-clicking” the Home button on your iPad. The Home button is the circular indentation at the bottom-center of your iPad
- This will bring up the list of currently running apps – by way of an “App Bar” at the bottom of your screen. Tap and hold down on any one of the currently running Apps (even if it’s not the one you want to close).
- You will notice that each app will start to “wiggle” and now has a small “minus sign” circle in the upper left corner. Tap the “minus sign” of the app you want to close/quit.
- The app will close, but will not be deleted
- Restart the app, and you should be able to log in
- If this does not work, restart the iPad using the instructions in the GENERAL section.
The app appears frozen on particular screen. What do I do?
- This usually happens when the app has not been restarted for a while. Use the instructions in the GENERAL section to restart the iPad
The app is stuck during installation. What do I do?
- In some rare occasions, the app gets stuck during installation and perpetually shows “waiting” to complete its installation. Attempts to delete the application using the above methods usually fail, because holding your finger on the icon produces no “X” for removal.
- If this happens, restart the device and reinstall the app using the method outlined above. For more details, see: http://www.apple.com/support/ipad/assistant/itunes/